Monday, November 26, 2007

Boxes + Piles + Luggage = Moving

Well, the movers come tomorrow and Wednesday to pack us all up! We're about as ready as we can be for this, our 12th move since we have been married. (Several of those moves were house to house in the same city, like moving on base, or like we did here, having to be at one house for the first 6 weeks before the other one was availalbe!) I can't wait for the packing to be all over with and the boxes out of here because that is much better than living with the piles I have all over the place now. Piles of stuff to go in the express shipment, piles of stuff that can't be packed because it belongs to the house, 10 pieces of luggage lined up in the family room, and lists a mile long to help me remember all those things I used to forget when we moved!

We'll be in Croatia several more weeks and then home to Missouri for Christmas! After Christmas, we'll head down south to our new home....

TEXAS!!!

6 comments:

Laura said...

Yee-HAW!!! I LOVE Texas!

Marla said...

Woo-Hoo! So do we!

Laura, you'll have to come visit us sometime!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you all!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Wasn't it just yesterday that you were moving to Croatia?! So glad that we were able to come and visit you. My flag waving American daughter would also like to visit you in Texas, well visit Clara mostly!

Bon chance and bon courage!

Jamie said...

Wow, I didn't know you were moving!!! We may end up there too, but I doubt it. Hope the move goes smoothly!

Lisa / Smallest Leaf said...

Marla -

I've enjoyed reading about your adventures in motherhood and your time living in Croatia. I'm an American mother also and am tracing my roots in Croatia. I'd like to communicate with you via email. Please contact me at smallestleaf at earthlink dot net if you'd like to correspond.

Lisa
100 Years in America