Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Prayer Request and a Recipe

My brother's wife was in a car wreck yesterday. We found out just before we went to bed last night. I don't have all the details yet but she was in the hospital yesterday to get checked out. I think she rear-ended someone. My mother didn't think she was seriously injured, but I'm sure my brother and their 3 little children are going through some tense moments right now. I would cherish your prayers for them.

I've been busy the past couple days cleaning house and cooking and reading and researching curriculums on the internet. I'd rather have been in my bed since I had a two-day headache, but with the sun shining bright outside I just couldn't waste either of the days by laying around!! And then what a blessing I received yesterday when I was able to talk to Samantha on the phone!!! Hooray!!! A lot has happened since I left Texas. Her baby is walking now (and has been for quite some time), but I still imagined her as the sweet little baby I last saw 9 months ago! ;-)

Tonight we have company coming for dinner. (That explains the cooking and cleaning I've been doing!) I like having guests over because it provides the motivation I need to get the house in order. And who among us DOESN'T need to be motivated to CLEAN!! I like having a picked-up house, with everything in its place, but I hate to scrub toilets, clean sinks, dust, and all that labor intensive stuff one must do to have a clean house....

Right now there is a cake in my oven, which is emitting a most delicious aroma throughout the house. It is tonight's dessert:

Cream Cheese Pound Cake

3 sticks of softened butter
1 8 oz pkg of cream cheese, softened
3 c. sugar
6 eggs
3 c. sifted flour
2 tsp vanilla

Combine butter and cream cheese, beat well with heavy duty mixer. Gradually add sugar; beat until light and fluffy (about 5 min.) Add eggs, one at a time; beat well after each addition. Add flour to creamed mixture; beat well. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into a well greased bundt pan. Bake at 325 for 1 hour 30 min or until cake tests done. Cool in pan 10 min., remove from pan and cool completely.
__________________________

May your day be sunny and bright! Make a memory with someone you love!

Rejoice Evermore!
Marla

No comments: