Thursday, October 14, 2004

Changes...

The real list came out yesterday, and as expected, there are changes! Minsk and China are no longer possiblities, but in their place are some interesting choices. We will most likely choose two places from this list:

Moscow, Russia
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Kampala, Uganda
Lusaka, Zambia
Rabat, Morocco
Athens, Greece
Bucharest, Romania
Zagreb, Croatia

And one place from this exciting list:

Port of Spain, Trinidad
San Salvador, El Salvador
Capetown, S. Africa
Valleta, Malta
Budapest, Hungary
Bridgetown, Barbados
Nassau, Bahamas
San Jose, Costa Rica


In a nutshell, this is what will happen: They give us until TUESDAY to send our three choices. These, along with everyone else bidding on these posts, will get sent further up the chain of command, where the decisions will be made as to who goes where. They supposedly will try to send you where you request, but that isn't always possible and if everyone is asking for the same place, obviously, we can't all go there. So THEY decide in those cases. We will hear back from them in a couple weeks and hopefully by the end of October, we'll know where we're going. After being in a nice place like Stockholm, I feel like we should be realistic about our requests. For instance, much as I'd like to be swinging in a hammock on the beach of Barbados or the Bahamas, I don't think we should ask for it. Dear hubby, though agreeing with my thinking, also believes they are truly asking us where we want to go and if we don't ask, we don't get.

We looked through the list last night, talked about it till midnight, researched on the internet and looked through some of the post reports. From the first list, I am most interested in Morocco, Greece and Croatia. From the second list, Capetown and San Jose. We will certainly be reading up on these places and praying for wisdom! The more I think about it, I find I'm really excited about going someplace warm and sunny!!

Thank you all for commenting on my last post, regarding what your choices would be! I found that very interesting and y'all brought out points that I hadn't thought of!

On another note, what am I going to do about the name of my blog when I'm no longer in Sweden?? I wasn't planning ahead when I chose a name. But I also had wanted a name with Sweden in it, since it was partly my reason for blogging in the first place!

Rejoice (AND PRAY!)
Marla

No comments: