Wednesday, September 17, 2008

She's Here!

We are happy to announce the birth of our daughter....

Linnea Valerie
(pronounced "Lin-nay-uh")
Born on her due date, Sept. 14 at 7:38 AM at Birth and Women's Center in Dallas

Here she is right after birth, bright eyed, beautiful, and alert!



Our midwife weighs her and finds that she is 7 lbs. 6 oz, and 20 inches long - just right!



Big sister is very excited to finally hold her own little baby!




Proud Mama and Papa




Her wonderful big brothers being helpful after the bath



Welcome to our family, little one! We love you!

8 comments:

Laura said...

Oh,Marla, she's beautiful beyond words! And to have the children there with you and Danny - what a great family memory! God is good!!!!

Jamie said...

OOOOHHHHH she is gorgeous!!!! Congratulations! What a beautiful name...I bet the children are smitten!

Anonymous said...

She's absolutely adorable! We can't wait to see her. When will you be up this way? Congratulations!

Christine said...

She is a doll! You look beautiful after birthing!

Dy said...

Oh, my goodness - how the boys have GROWN! (Funny, I don't feel that much older...)

Oh, another little girl - what a beautiful family, Marla. Congratulations and scads of love for the little ones.

Pregnancy said...

She is absolutely adorable baby girl. So you did go for a natural birth again. That is wonderful. So with four children I know you have your hands full now. Enjoy them, they grow up so fast.

Thorum said...

Hello and congrats on your daughter. I was playing around on the internet tonight and found your blog. What was I searching for? My daughter's name, Linnea Valerie!! Yes, that is her name!! She was born on 30 September 2007 in Cumberland, MD (Memorial Hospital). And my wife and I thought we had the only Linnea Valerie in the US. ;)We gave her a Swedish name in honor of my Swedish forefathers. Congrats!!

Thorum said...

I might mention our Linnea was born with 2 hemangiomas. One rather large (1") on her shoulder. At 2-1/2, they have already shrank considerably. I only mention it because your Linnea looks as if she has one. If it is one, don't fret, they really do go away...